Aktuelle Infos zu der Serie und derer Ausstrahlungstermine. Ebenso findet ihr hier die Threads zu Preisverleihungen.
Antworten
5 Beiträge • Seite 1 von 1
Housekatze
House
House
Lieblingscharakter: House
Lieblingsepisode/n: 1x06, 2x02, 4x01, 4x16, 5x24, 6x20, 7x03
Fox-Gucker: Nein

Wie der Name schon sagt, sollen hier alle Zeitungsartikel/Interviews/Videos mit den Writern, Produzente, Regisseuren.. von House rein. Artikel, die neue Spoiler enthalten aber bitte weiterhin nur in den betreffenden Spoiler-Thread posten.
Hier sollen dann eher die Hintergrundinfos rein, also Artikel, in denen es keine neuen Spoiler gibt.

Trotzdem kann es natürlich vorkommen, dass sich der Artikel auf etwas bezieht, dass noch nicht bei RTL gelaufen ist, denkt also bitte - wenn nötig - an die Spoiler-Klammern.

House creator David Shore on love, mystery and charity
by John Doyle

Bild

The TV cranny doesn’t hold with using its valuable space to constantly convey the burbling enthusiasm of people in the TV racket. The yada-yada interview kinda thing. There are exceptions, of course. Like when the author (that’s me) leaves town and meets interesting people in Los Angeles, Vancouver, Halifax or St. John’s. Especially if their name is Doyle. That’s a given.

Another exception might be the chap in charge of one of the biggest shows in the universe of shows. Thus, when I was invited to talk to David Shore, creator and boss of House (usually on Fox, Mondays, but there’s baseball event of note pre-empting it tonight), I said yes. Shore is in Toronto later this week to host an event for the charity Ve’ahavta and introduce Bob Geldof there.

The thing about Shore, a Canadian, is that he doesn’t do much in the way of giving interviews and making speeches. He’s busy with the series, one that is seen in so many countries that, two years ago, it was named the most popular show on the planet.
And, well, since the whole Dr.-House-loves-Cuddy thing erupted this season on House, certain questions need to be asked.

The lovey-dovey relationship between the pathologically sarcastic Dr. House (Hugh Laurie) and the always strong, calm Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein), has unnerved some fans of the show. They brood about it online. Some are outraged.

“I tend to avoid the online comments,” Shore says on the phone from L.A. “If they’re good, you shrug. If they’re negative, you shrug. Can’t please everybody. I think the relationship is a natural and worthwhile development for the characters and the show. It was in the cards from the start. Maybe not from day one of House, but from day three or four. Having said that, I acknowledge that this season started differently. The episodes subsequent to the opening have put us back in our wheelhouse, though. House is still House, Cuddy is still Cuddy. It’s been fun to explore the relationship. It’s about whether people can change. And in the case of House, it’s all about him changing. It’s about him striving to be happy and make others happy.”
I can’t not ask Shore about the House-as-Holmes issue. Before the BBC series Sherlock arrived in North America, its creative team made a point of saying that a Sherlock Holmes figure has existed on U.S. television for years now – Dr. House.

So I asked, “How conscious are you of House as a Sherlock Holmes-in-a-hospital setting?”

“There is a similarity, certainly. Holmes was an inspiration and we’ve never hidden that. It’s House and Wilson, instead of Holmes and Watson. His [House’s] musical nature is a coincidence. His drug addiction is a coincidence. Dr. House’s essential nature is to use reason and deduction as opposed to emotion. That’s Holmes too. I’m fine with the similarities. We’ve even dropped big hints about that.”

About his gig for the charity Ve’ahavta, Shore is self-deprecating. Asked why he’s the host for a big fundraising event when he rarely makes public appearances, he says: “A friend explained the charity’s work to me a few years ago and I became a supporter. Last year they honoured me with an award and, apparently, I made a humorous speech. This is a charity about the phrase ‘repair the world.’ It supports hospitals and delivers medical supplies in many countries. That’s why Bob Geldof is speaking this year. He’s a shining example of somebody doing what they don’t actually have to do – make the world a little better. I’m not particularly religious but I believe in that, and admire Geldof a lot. To him, I just want to say, ‘Thank you.’”

And are his beliefs reflected in his work on House? “I think so. Dr. House is not a perfect person, but he’s striving.”

Shore’s career in television began in Canada, working on Traders, Due South and other local productions. Does he, by any chance, pay attention to Canadian TV these days? “I watch Hockey Night in Canada all the time,” he says, laughing. “I’ve got the hockey package on my TV service. But, no I don’t have a lot of time to study what’s happening in Canadian TV. I meet Canadians working all the time in L.A. And I mean, all the time. That’s my main connection, apart from visiting family in Canada.”

Most people in the TV business are working on several projects simultaneously, always developing something new. Is there anything Shore is involved in outside of the House series?

“I should be working on more, but House takes up all my time. Last year I delivered a new version of The Rockford Files to NBC. It didn’t work out. But it won’t die. I hope it comes back, that project, and I have a feeling it will. You know, this is just a great time to be involved in television. There are so many excellent shows. I watch Modern Family with my own family and the quality of the writing is wonderful. There are so many shows I want to see every week. If I’m invited to see a movie, my first thought is the day and time. What show am I going to miss? I can PVR it, but maybe I want to see the show when it airs, not later. I’d rather see the show, usually.”

Then Shore went back to work on House, which will return when the big baseball thing is over.
Quelle: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/art ... le1778625/
Zuletzt geändert von Housekatze am Mi 17. Nov 2010, 22:30, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Housekatze
House
House
Lieblingsepisode/n: 1x06, 2x02, 4x01, 4x16, 5x24, 6x20, 7x03
Fox-Gucker: Nein

Patrick Dempsey as Dr. House? 'House' Creator David Shore Dishes on What Might Have Been
by Aaron Broverman
Bild
'House' creator David Shore's life would have been very different had he never left the law firm where he worked as a municipal and corporate lawyer for six years and had never followed his best friends from the firm to Los Angeles.

And imagine if he had returned to the firm after having never found success writing for shows like 'Due South,' 'The Practice,' 'Law & Order' and 'Hack'? Ironically -- as Shore told the large audience at a Q&A session at Toronto's York University -- had he never become a lawyer, he may never have created 'House' at all.

"'Everybody lies' is crucial, but I mean that in a very broad way," said Shore. "I don't mean a patient comes in and says black is black when they know black is white. What I mean is, when a patient sees grey, some patients will say it's black and some patients will say it's white. That's something I learned when I was a lawyer."

Though he'd learned how to write a procedural while working on 'The Practice' and 'Law & Order,' the medical concept for 'House' was foisted on Shore by husband-and-wife producing team Paul Attainsio and Katie Jacobs. They pitched it as a cop show in a hospital where the germs are the suspects, but initially the show just wasn't doing it for Shore. "The fact is, we don't watch whodunits," said Shore. "We don't watch what-dunits, we watch why-dunits. We don't care that the butler did it with the candlestick in the library; we care that he did it because he was having an affair and germs don't have motives."

So after garnering interest from executives at ABC and while shopping it around to other networks, Shore spent the next year and a half making it palatable to his own sensibilities. "I knew I had to make it about people, and I'm hoping that every single episode of 'House' has been resolved not because they stumbled upon a lab test, but because Dr. House made a deduction based on the anatomy of the person," said Shore. "Who is the patient? What makes them tick? Sherlock Holmes was also a big influence, the intellect vs. the emotion. I think the question is asked in the pilot: 'Would you rather have a caring doctor who holds your hand while you die, or a bastard doctor who saves your life?'"

Since the pilot, audiences have voted for the bastard doctor in a big way. But, much like Hugh Laurie's main character, Shore was too cynical to think the show would last past three seasons, which is why he took the risk of firing all the fellows and starting over in season four. He said, "When I wrote in the pilot that they were on a three-year fellowship I never expected the show to last that long, and it seemed unnatural that people would stay working for that man for longer than three years."

Another about-face came when the joked-about finally came to fruition in the fifth season finale -- Dr. House was committed. Many didn't see it coming, but Shore said it was far from a spur-of-the-moment decision.

"That goes back to Kal Penn getting a job in the White House," said Shore. "He gave us significant notice, so we sat down at our Christmas break in one of our few writer's room meetings and we decided to have Kutner kill himself and to never explain that. For House, the man whose life is solving riddles and finding the truth, we wanted him to deal with not having an answer. It was Kutner's suicide that started House's spiral and losing touch with reality. House in an institution was something that had always been in my mind from a very early stage. It seemed that the man was on the edge of sanity, so it seemed like a natural place to go."

Shore also revealed that Laurie almost didn't play the doctor on the edge, as the part was initially offered to Gary Sinise. "He took the safer job, 'CSI: NY,' which was a guarantee. That was going to go on forever and we were going to be the Fox failure."

Other notable actors in the running included Rob Morrow, who went on to do 'Numb3rs,' and Patrick Dempsey. "Had we offered it to him, perhaps we wouldn't be on and 'Grey's Anatomy' wouldn't be on."

Now, Shore considers Hugh Laurie a friend, saying, "I've never worked with a leading actor who has as much love and respect for what I created as I do. If you ask Hugh what the most difficult part of the job is, he will still say the accent."
Quelle: http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/11/12/house ... re_twitter
Zuletzt geändert von Housekatze am Mi 17. Nov 2010, 22:30, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
mj1985
House
House
Shipper: Huddy, Hilson, Hacy
Lieblingsepisode/n: 5x24, 6x01, 6x22, 7x03
Fox-Gucker: Ja

Post Mortem: House Boss Discusses Finale's Controversial Ending, Life After Cuddy
Gregory House has been called many things over the years. Obnoxious. Selfish. Immoral. Demented. Well, after Monday’s House finale, we can add another adjective: Would-be assassin.

To recap: In the final moments of the Season 7 closer, an unhinged House smashed his car into Cuddy’s home, nearly killing his ex-love, her brand-new beau and other houseguests. Not only did the violent attack forever stick a fork in the phenomenon known as “Huddy,” but it upended viewers’ perception of the show’s title character. Yes, it’s fair to say House‘s Season 7 climax will go down as the show’s most controversial to date.

To help make sense of the craziness and to tease what’s ahead, series creator David Shore agreed to sit down for a quickie post mortem.

TVLINE | What was going on inside House’s head when he got behind the wheel of that car last night?
Those are the types of questions I don’t like to answer, and for very different reasons then I usually don’t like to answer questions from you. [Laughs] That’s a question that’s never simple to answer. The “Why” questions addressed to the characters are so complicated, and any answer I could give you would be too simple. And yet I’ll go on to say anger, frustration, love, hatred… all of those things. And a little burst of irrationality from the ultimate rationalist.

TVLINE | Fans are upset because they feel that this changes the very fabric of the show. Now instead of being a drama that revolves around a tortured doctor, it’s a show about someone capable of killing those close to him. Do you understand where they’re coming from?
I’ve always thought House was capable of killing people close to him. [Laughs] That’s not to say he was ever going to do it, and I don’t think he would. And even in that moment, I don’t think he wanted to kill anybody. But who knows? Probably part of his mind did. It was a lashing out — a very extreme lashing out. I don’t think it was a murderous lashing out.

TVLINE | But he could not have known that the dining room had cleared out.
He saw them stepping out, didn’t he?

TVLINE | I think they were mostly still around the table.
They were standing up and she put his hand on [the new boyfriend's] arm, which was part of the whole thing that set him off. The car was aimed at the house, not at the individuals inside.

TVLINE | So you don’t view this as anything out of character for him?
Yes and no. We always want to [reveal] little, tiny, different things in House. This is perhaps bigger than most, but I think this was always there. This was always part of him. Certainly we’ve seen anger from him. This was perhaps an irrational lashing out, whereas usually it’s a rational lashing out. But at the same time I don’t see this as a fundamental change in the character. Obviously it could be a fundamental change in the relationship.

TVLINE | Did Hugh Laurie express any concerns about the twist?
No. You’d have to ask Hugh about what his mindset was going in, but this whole thing seemed like a natural culmination of a frustrated man with certain repression issues.

TVLINE | When you were breaking the episode, did you think in the back of your head: “Well, this gives us a way out in case Lisa Edelstein doesn’t return”?
No. Not at all. That was never the plan. It happens to do that, which I have mixed feelings about.

TVLINE | Would you have done anything differently had you known going into the episode that Lisa was leaving?
Had I known going into the final dozen episodes that she wasn’t returning, I’m sure it would’ve unfolded differently. Having said that, it does allow [for Cuddy's exit]. I don’t really want to talk about where we’re going to go next season until [the writers] start meeting. But we’ll make the most of this. There will be opportunities that come from this. We’re going to get excited about next season.

TVLINE | Regardless of whether Lisa returns or not, is it fair to say the events of the finale spel the end of Huddy?
I think so. It was going to be it. I never want House to be a show that goes back over the same territory over and over again. I’m sure some of the viewers feel we’ve done that. [Laughs] But we really try not to. We wanted to explore that relationship in all the different ways we could. But we didn’t ever want to be a show about a couple that breaks up and gets back together and breaks up again. It was intended to be the end of that personal relationship.

TVLINE | You don’t resume shooting until August. Are you holding out any hope that this situation can be rectified and Lisa will return?
No.

TVLINE | Would you be interested in bringing her back on a guest-star basis?
I would be. Absolutely.

TVLINE | Will you spend a few episodes next season following Gregory House: Local Medicine Man?
[Laughs] That’s yet to be determined. That’s a possibility.

TVLINE | Are you approaching Season 8 as the last one?
Not yet. It may become that, but no. We’re not sure what’s going to happen. We’ve been on for a long time, and at a certain point you’ve got to recognize that the end is near and plan for it. But we’re not ready to make any commitments in that regard.
Quelle: http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/house-fin ... -spoilers/
LisaH
House
House
Shipper: Huddy, Hacy
Lieblingsepisode/n: 1x21, 5x04, 5x23, 6x22, 7x02

'House' EP David Shore on the shocking season finale and the show sans Cuddy
The creative team at House has their work cut out for them next season following the departure of one of their beloved leading ladies, Lisa Edelstein. But David Shore is more than up for the task. This morning, following last night’s shocking finale, Shore called up EW to reflect on the episode, the season of Huddy, and what fans can expect next season.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: I have to start off by asking, did House want to run over Cuddy and Co.?
DAVID SHORE: No. I think he was aiming at the house — not at the people. Obviously, he was taking a huge risk, but I don’t think he was trying to kill anyone off, but I think he was risking killing some people.
Did you see the crash, that grand gesture, as closure for him or just a boiling over of emotion?
Both and probably so much more. I hate to tell audiences what to think of gestures. We write the gestures, and the gestures are motivated, but complicated. So I’m sure it’s all those things and more.

What’s the “and more” in your perspective?
Well, I’m sure there was a lot more going on in his head — what he was trying to achieve, what he was thinking about, what he wasn’t thinking about.

That last shot we saw him in, are we to assume he fled to a different country?
Yup. Far away.

Last time time I talked to Greg Yaitanes, he mentioned that the Huddy existence had sort of become a bigger thing than y’all expected. Initially, when writing this finale, was this crash meant to be an eventual clean slate for them, a reset?
It was a clean slate and a reset. I’m not sure those are different things. That [relationship] was something we enjoyed, but we don’t want to just continue retracing our steps. We want to move on to new things and different things. And perhaps to some extent go back to simpler times on the show. The purer times of House the character. We’d had enough — for the moment — of the relationship stuff. We’ll find more to do in the future. We wanted to be able to explore different aspects] in the future.

When you went into the finale, were you aware of the cast situation you’d be in? Did you get a chance to write accordingly? (Edelstein announced last week she would not be returning for the show’s eighth season.)
No. We lucked out, I suppose, in that regard because [the finale] does allow for that creatively. But that was not what was intended. That was not what was planned. We have to figure out what’s going to happen. With problems, come opportunities. We’re looking forward to figuring out where we go next year and what cool stuff we’re going to do.

I think fans are excited to see where you go. Any idea what that looks like at this point?
You’re going to have to watch next season. [Laughs]

In retrospect, what’s been the highlight storytelling wise, for you?
You know, the Huddy stuff, it couldn’t work indefinitely. I never thought it could work indefinitely. House is just not somebody who is born to be in a nice, domestic relationship. But I did enjoy the relationship. I enjoyed the trip. I think we did a good job of letting House be House and Cuddy be Cuddy while still, at the same time, being House and Cuddy. I enjoyed that.

Switching gears really quick to Taub (Peter Jacobson), you left his story in a hilarious place. Two pregnancy announcements with two different women in two weeks?
I’m amazed at how many people have since told me that, “Oh yeah, I got a friend who’s in a similar situation.” [Laughs] So I’m sorry! I’m sorry, world.

What made you want to do that to him?
This is a character who just can’t control himself it seems. He loves his wife. He’s capable of great love, but also great mistakes. So throwing him in the middle of it seemed like an attractive option.

Lastly, the show is really good, I feel, at reinvention. You get House into these situations — like the psych ward — where it seems like there’s no way back. Then, you find this tiny thing to reset things with. Can we expect something similar here or can we expect a total 180 change?
In a way, I think you can expect a similar recurrence. I never want to completely turn this show into a different show. That’s too easy. The challenge to me is to have life go on and yet it still be part and parcel in that life. Life goes on.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/24/house ... vid-shore/
Zuletzt geändert von LisaH am Di 24. Mai 2011, 20:38, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
mj1985
House
House
Shipper: Huddy, Hilson, Hacy
Lieblingsepisode/n: 5x24, 6x01, 6x22, 7x03

David Shore on House Finale: There Was Always a Risk That House Would Do Something Insane
House creator David Shore always wanted for the Fox drama's seventh season to deal with the relationship between House (Hugh Laurie) and Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein) once and for all. And then Edelstein decided to leave the show.

Lisa Edelstein leaving House

"[It was] more once and for all than we had intended perhaps," Shore tells TVGuide.com with a laugh. Indeed, the finale — which ended with House intentionally crashing his car into Cuddy's house in a fit of jealousy — gives Shore and his writers an obvious way to write Cuddy out of the series. But that was never the original intention.

"Those two things are not connected," Shore says. "This was the plan for this season. The fact that Lisa is not coming back was not part of the equation. It's a disappointment. But we will find a way to go on and find great opportunities and great excitement in the next year."

Shore's primary focus, as always, remains on House, who some might argue reached an all-time low in the finale. While Shore acknowledges that House's bold actions made for great drama, he maintains that he's still being true to the nature of his protagonist — who, Shore insists, has not become a homicidal maniac.

"I never want to have my characters do things that are completely out of character for them," Shore says. "I think this was in his character. It was way down and took a huge motivation to bring him to that, but I think this is House. He is a bit of a crazed guy. I think there was always the risk that he was going to do something insane, and he kind of did. ... In my view he was aiming for the house, not the people. But he was clearly taking a risk that he would do serious harm to people."

Shore says House's extreme reaction came only after he tried (and failed) to be a different person after his breakup from Cuddy. "One of the themes of the show is: Nobody changes," he says. "People do make little changes, but you can't ultimately change who you are in your core. You can fight against it, and you can fail or you can succeed. I'm sure House has taken something from these experiences, but I do think at the end he was going, 'Why the f--- am I trying to be something I'm not?'"

The finale's closing moments showed House on a tropical beach, no doubt running away from the personal and legal consequences of what he'd done. While Shore isn't yet ready to divulge how the loose ends will be resolved, he assures viewers that the show will not be drastically different.

"We're going to see him back in New Jersey," Shore says. "The show is what the show is, and I don't want to change the show. What I do want to do is explore this character and how he reacts to setbacks and success — while solving medical mysteries. That's the show, and it will always be the show."

Shore acknowledges that getting House back into Princeton Plainsboro is going to be a challenge, as is tying up the Cuddy loose end. But he says he's been there before. "It's the way it is at the end of all years; it's slightly more extreme this season," he says.

"Those are the reasons you're going to have to tune in next year. Hopefully what will get the audience excited is the way House deals with this, the way the rest of the people deal with this [and] the opportunities that are presented by these problems."
Quelle: http://www.tvguide.com/News/House-Final ... 33481.aspx