Tritziii
House
House
Lieblingscharakter: Greg 8o
Shipper: Hall-y
Lieblingsepisode/n: 1x11, 1x21, 3x1, 3x4
Fox-Gucker: Ja

Hugh Laurie Makes Forbes Top 100 Celebrity List

He might not be Lady Gaga, but Hugh Laurie has edged his way into the Forbes list of the World’s Top 100 Most Powerful Celebrities at number 97.

The 51-year-old British actor made $9 million between May 1, 2010 and May 1, 2011. (Lady Gaga made $90 M by comparison.) Forbes estimates the earnings by talking to industry insiders, including agents, lawyers, products and other experts. Earnings consist of pretax gross income before management, agent, and attorney fees.

When broken down by category, Hugh’s best ranking came in the area of Social Influence. This is calculated by performing Twitter and Facebook searches. Ranked at number 47, Hugh has 1443k+ Facebook friends and, as of today, @Hughlaurieblues (the Twitter site for his new blues record Let Them Talk) has over 19,500 followers. Hugh does not have a personal page, and has once said in an interview “I do not understand Twitter.”

@HouseonFox has 52,107 followers as of today.

Online exposure for the Top 100 Celebrity List is measured using Google. Hugh Laurie has an estimated 233,000 Google News mentions. Press mentions come from Factiva and Lexis/Nexis is used to find out how many times a celebrity was mentioned on television or the radio. Hugh has made 130 TV and radio appearances in the last year and has been mentioned in almost 3,500 press clips.

The Forbes Most Powerful Celebrities includes film and television actors and personalities, models, athletes, authors, musicians and comedians. In total, the top 100 earned $4.5 billion over the last 12 months.

Forbes notes that Hugh Laurie has hinted that the next season of House MD (the eighth season) will be his last. His jazz and blues album debuted at the number two spot on the UK charts in May.
Source: http://www.examiner.com/house-m-d-in-na ... brity-list
http://www.forbes.com/wealth/celebrities/list
Bild
OMfG He really touched my finger and asked me a question :ohnmacht: :yeah:
Oh my... I REALLY was able to snatch HIS beer glass. The one, of which he drank.
--SemperFi--
Chase
Chase

Hugh Laurie Could Forgo Acting for a Musical Career

The actor says recording a jazz and blues album “has been closer to who I am than many things I’ve done.”

BEVERLY HILLS – Fans of Hugh Laurie may lose the actor to his other passion: music. Laurie’s musical prowess – he plays piano, guitar, saxophone and also sings – has been featured in much of his television work including Fox’s House.

But his love of New Orleans jazz and blues is front and center in an installment of PBS’ musical series Great Performances, which documents the making of Laurie’s first album Let Them Talk (Warner Bros.) which features Allen Toussaint, Irma Thomas and Tom Jones.

“This whole project and whole experience has really been closer to who I am than many things I’ve done,” Laurie told reporters during at the Television Critics Association press tour.

The British actor has been nurturing a love affair from afar with the music of New Orleans since he was a boy and he first heard Willie Dixon and Muddy Waters on the radio.

“New Orleans is a unique city in many ways,” he said. “It is musically unique – there are so many different influences Spanish, French, English, Caribbean. It has it’s own feel. It looks like nowhere else I’ve ever been. Ever since I was a small boy the sounds of that city have just thrilled me like nowhere else.”

Warners approached Laurie to make a record, he said, and he was rather close to declining the offer. But he realized, “this is not going to come my way again,” he said. “This was a diem I had to carpe.”

The PBS special, Hugh Laurie: Let Them Talk – A Celebration of New Orleans Blues, premieres Sept. 30.

Of course, Laurie is self aware enough to be utterly intimidated to play with legends the likes of Toussaint, Thomas and Jones in a town where music is a religion.

“There I was sharing a room with my heroes. Tom Jones for half a century has been one of the most famous singers in the world,” said Laurie. “And who the hell do I think I am sharing a room with him, sharing a studio with him? But they were... incredibly generous. I’m sure there were times where they were behind my back rolling their eyes. But if they did, they did not show it. They could not have been more generous.”

Performing live in New Orleans' French Quarter for the PBS special, he said, “was without a doubt the most frightening thing I’ve ever done. I recently did a tour in Europe. It was only eight shows. But that was a very very daunting, but wonderful experience. But then surviving something daunting can be wonderful. Being attacked by a lion can wonderful. Surviving is important, of course.”
Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ing-217438
Tritziii
House
House

[i]05.09.2011 20:39[/i] @CosmoBeautyBoss hat geschrieben:
Oh: and good old #hughlaurie is using his l'Oreal swag to build a school and stuff in Sierra Leone. Antiwrinkle cream with a purpose.
Bild
Oh my... I REALLY was able to snatch HIS beer glass. The one, of which he drank.
mj1985
House
House
Lieblingscharakter: House
Shipper: Huddy, Hilson, Hacy
Lieblingsepisode/n: 5x24, 6x01, 6x22, 7x03

Musician in the House
Sure, as it's long been established, the Germans love David Hasselhoff. But they're also, apparently, rather fond of Hugh Laurie

Earlier this year, the acclaimed actor spent some time giving Europe a glimpse of his new role, that of recording artist, by performing a handful of shows to promote the overseas release of his musical debut, Let Them Talk.

By all accounts, Laurie's jazzy take on New Orleans blues standards was met with enthusiasm, including from the Deutschland audiences, which, general perceptions or old ideas have one presupposing might lean toward the stoic and reserved

"You'd be surprised, you'd be surprised - they're weirdly demonstrative," the Englishman says during a quick lunch break from filming his hit series House

"You, know, it's funny you should say that because this morning I had my first ever bratwurst - I'd never had one before. And I was astounded at how good it was, astounded

"So in all kinds of ways I'm having to reassess a lot of things that I thought about the Germans.

The same could be said about the lingering preconceived notions many might have about actors making the leap to musician - or even Laurie, himself - with his record a remarkably warm and welcome collection of performances and traditional fare, such as Swanee River and Tipitina.

The album may not win over staunch protectors of the truly American art form, but it's more than a credible work, less a display of hubris and, at times, a pretty wonderful listen

And, ultimately, it doesn't sound like much of a leap, with Laurie's piano and vocal work being the star of the record, despite supporting playing from more accomplished figures from the musical world, including noted producer Joe Henry and musicians and vocalists Dr. John, Allen Toussaint, Tom Jones and Irma Thomas.

That said, Laurie admits making the move from actor to musician wasn't the most natural thing he's done, despite an affair with it that goes back to when he was a young boy growing up in Oxford, and his self-taught skills on everything from the guitar and drums to the sax.

"They're very, very separate in my mind," he says. "Some people have suggested that music is just another kind of performance and it's all sort of one soup, as it were. But it doesn't quite work for me, I think of them very separately, very differently, different parts of the brain.

"I'm very conscious when I'm acting, very self-conscious, and very aware of what I'm doing and very - is the word 'pernickety' or 'persnickety'? . . . I'm very aware of what I'm doing all the time and trying to control it and adjust it.

But with music it's about, sort of about the reverse. It's about letting go and trying not to control anything, just let it be free and let it just flow. Which is a whole different approach to work and living. And it's a wonderful blessing. I think, probably as a human being I'm too self-conscious and I think the chance I've had to lose myself in the world of music has been an incredible, I would say, life-changing event for me.

"I wouldn't say that I'm a much nicer person or that my skin is any clearer, but it feels different, it feels like a different way of living."

To get to that point where he was willing to let go of his inhibitions and record an album, itself, was a bit of process for Laurie, who admits the idea for an album had been "on the horizon" for a long time. Sure, he played around Tinseltown in a celebrity charity band and even played keys on Meat Loaf's last album, but it took much more convincing before the 52-year-old finally took the plunge, signed a record deal and undertook the making of Let Them Talk. Why now

"You reach a point, well, frankly, you reach an age where you start thinking, 'Well, I don't want to look back and just regret not having done this. . . .' Ultimately I think you don't regret the things you do, you regret the things you don't do, as a general rule. And I thought, 'I'm going to do this.' So once I started to jump in then really I jumped in to the welcoming arms of Joe Henry, who immediately became my guide and my confessor. . . .

Initial recording with Henry - known for his work with such luminaries as Solomon Burke and Toussaint - took place last summer, with recording beginning in the famed L.A. Ocean Way studio. That, in itself, proved a little bit daunting for Laurie, walking the same hallways and recording in the same facilities utilized by everyone from Ray Charles to Michael Jackson.

Of course, that was just the warm-up for the second half of the process which took him and Henry into the belly of the beast, so to speak, recording in New Orleans, a region which lays claim to much of the music and rather particular about how it's recorded. He admits he did feel like something of an interloper, but, while humble, wasn't too awed by it to not be able to appreciate the opportunity nor appreciate being in the same room as such legendary musicians.

"It was a very big deal for me to be breathing the same air as those people and sort of strutting about as if I were on the same level - it was an incredible thrill," he says.

"Every now and then I would grab myself and say, 'Come on, get a hold of yourself, you haven't earned your spurs, you have no entitlement to swagger about with these guys - these are legends, these are gods in my world of music that I love. And don't go thinking that you belong here. This is an incredible honour to be in this position. But it's fleeting and you better savour every moment of it, because who knows what's going to happen an hour from now.'

"So I had both things, I had moments of feeling that I completely belonged and moments of thinking, 'Wake up, wake up - this is all a dream.' I think I managed to keep both things going the whole way through."

Laurie is getting set to see if he can, unlike many other actors-turned-musicians, attempt to have both things - respected careers in each field. Europe may be one thing, but North American audiences have been less quick to see their Hollywood faves in a more musical frame of mind. For his part, Lauries understands the cynicism and, to a certain degree, even shares it, noting that today's U.S. and Canadian release of the album is one that has him more than a little trepidatious.

"I've got my fingers in my ears, at any moment the bomb's going to go off. Or it's not, maybe it's just going to fizzle quietly on the floor," he says. "But, no, I'm obviously very nervous but at the same time I'm ready, because the skepticism you alluded to, it was in my mind from the very first moment that it was suggested.

And to be honest with you, I had it too. . . . It's completely right and proper that people apply that."

He admits, though, that he's hoping to win music lovers over not only by his skills but with his longevity, admitting that Let The Talk is the first of what he sees as many forays into the recording world.

"That's my decision, to keep forging ahead and eventually people will come with me."

And as for how much time and energy he'll spend on it, Laurie says time right now is limited, with the current season of House filming until next April, allowing few live performances with his band, save for maybe the odd one in L.A. When his TV duties are wrapped, he's looking forward to taking his other show on the road, hopping on a bus "to do things properly."

When that is met with certain skepticism - pampered actor sharing a bus with seasoned musicians - Laurie quickly points to his brief time touring in Europe.

"I've already been on the bus, I came back from Strasbourg on the bus," Laurie says, before conceding, after some pressing that there was actually a limo involved.

"Sometimes I had to be on the limo ahead of the bus to do the radio interviews - you're right, you're right. But I did travel on the bus. Somebody snores like a bastard but I don't know who it is. . . .

"By the way, it was a lovely bus, too. Buses I think are not what they were." He pauses. "Rather like the Germans."

Laurie's album is in stores Sept. 6.

© Copyright (c) The Calgary Herald
Quelle: http://www.canada.com/entertainment/Mus ... story.html
mj1985
House
House

GQ Men of the Year Awards 2011:

Music Man of the year: HUGH LAURIE! #gqmoty "It was like an omnibus of Just A Minute" on @stephenfry speech
Tritziii
House
House

Bild
Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

--------------------------

Bild
His album Let Them Talk unveiled Laurie's impressive musical abilities. Still skeptical that House could sing the blues? Hear it here.

They say: "You rather get the feeling that if the only effect his album had evinced was to turn a handful of House fans onto the music of Professor Longhair and James Booker, Laurie would have gone home happy." (Alexis Petridis)

GQ.com highlight of the year:
Watching Laurie take New Orleans by storm in the ITV series Perspectives.

See an exclusive photoshoot wit Hugh Laurie plus see all of the GQ Men Of The Year 2011 coverage in the October issue of British GQ, out 8 September, priced £3.99. British GQ is also available on the iPad with exclusive video interviews and more with our Men Of The Year from 8 September, price £2.49.
Source: http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/men-of-the ... f-the-year

Zuletzt geändert von Tritziii am Mi 7. Sep 2011, 01:34, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.
Bild
six
House
House
Shipper: Huddy
Fox-Gucker: Nein

Alles richtig gemacht würde ich sagen!
Tritziii
House
House

[video][/video]
Hugh ist bei 0:47 zu sehen :D
Zuletzt geändert von Tritziii am Mi 7. Sep 2011, 17:54, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Bild
Tritziii
House
House

Royal Wedding, Hugh Laurie and Johnny Depp lead record breakers of small and big screen in new Guinness World Records 2012 edition
Guinness World Records can today reveal the latest world-beating successes from the world of cinema and TV with the upcoming launch of the 2012 Edition of Guinness World Records.

Medical drama House is listed as the Most popular programme currently on TV, at its peak being watched by a phenomenal 81.8 million people in 66 countries - and edging out CSI:Miami with its viewership of 73.8 million.

House star Hugh Laurie, who earns nearly £250,000 per episode, can now claim to be the world's Most watched leading man on television.

However, despite the show's popularity, Hugh Laurie has not been able to wrestle the all-time title from David Hasselhoff who remains the world's most watched man on television - ever.
Source: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/new ... 2-edition/

Bild
@Solether hat geschrieben:
New Guiness Book of World Records has arrived. Feels good to be on top http://twitpic.com/6lea17
Bild
--SemperFi--
Chase
Chase

Hugh Laurie: What's on My iPod -- an EW exclusive
Hugh Laurie has the blues — specifically, a whole album full of it: The Golden Globe-winning star of House, now coming up on its eighth season, recently ventured into music for the first time on record.

His debut, Let Them Talk, which was released Stateside last week (it came out in May in his native U.K.), opens a window on his longtime passion for the genre, and Laurie opened it further by telling EW about the songs and albums that inspire him daily.

WHAT’S ON MY IPOD
by Hugh Laurie

There is a lot on my iPod. Playing non-stop, top to bottom, I suspect it would easily outlive me. It doesn’t smoke, of course. But then I don’t shuffle.

I also don’t do playlists. I began to feel decadent, surrounding myself only with Favorites. Like a Maharajah who never eats a bad fig — how can you know how good figs are? Playlists give me the feeling that I’m driving into a cul-de-sac, while an album is actually going somewhere.

Bruch’s Violin Concerto in G Minor: I offer this partly to make you think I have hidden depths, and partly because it is exquisite and forms the basis of a balanced diet. I listen to it often, but never as background music. I will put it on and lie on the floor. It is absurdly romantic.
Keith Jarrett’s Koln Concert has never been far from my ears since I first heard it. He was touched by something that day. And yet, the recording very nearly didn’t happen. On the night, Jarrett was tired, in pain, fed up, and the piano provided by the promoter was sub-standard. So this might be an example of Kenneth Clark’s dictum – that no one ever had a good idea in a big room. If Jarrett had been fit and well, the piano had been a peach, the stars had twinkled – maybe this recording wouldn’t have transcended the way it still does, 30 years later.

Any album by Dr John can start and finish my day. He is my religious observance. His solo album, Dr John Plays Mac Rebennack is about as lovely as a thing could be. I studied it for years and taught myself to play the whole thing, note for note. That sounds musically stalkerish, because it is. I make no apology.

Jon Cleary - I will play one of his albums pretty much every day. A beast of a piano player, and a beautiful singer, his band (the Absolute Monster Gentlemen) can definitely funk it, assuming you have something that needs to be funked. And which of us doesn’t? His live album, Mo Hippa, is a corker.

Adrian Duke is in a similar mold to Cleary, but he has a looser, friendlier style. Live in New Orleans is a blast. His singing is great but completely unintelligible, which is fine with me. It relieves me of the duty to listen to lyrics, which I do only because I know I should. Lyrics are better as musical sounds than bearers of meaning. Meaning is for novelists.
http://music-mix.ew.com/2011/09/16/hugh ... exclusive/
Tritziii
House
House

--SemperFi-- hat geschrieben:
Hugh Laurie: What's on My iPod -- an EW exclusive
Haha und auf meinem jetzt auch :whistle: zum größten Teil zumindest :musik:

Zuletzt geändert von Tritziii am Fr 16. Sep 2011, 23:51, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Bild
mj1985
House
House

HUGH LAURIE SAD TO SEE LISA EDELSTEIN LEAVE HIS ‘HOUSE’
The FOX hit series House, which is entering its eighth season, will have a different look when it returns next Monday 9/8 central on FOX. As many know, House star Lisa Edelstein, who played Dr. Lisa Cuddy for seven seasons, decided not to return to the series. Many of her co-stars were sad to hear she wasn’t coming back. House star Hugh Laurie is among them, and was sad to see her depart and wished her well

Quelle: http://foxallaccess.blogs.fox.com/