129 Beiträge • Seite 4 von 11
twenty_25
Taub
Taub
Lieblingscharakter: House
Fox-Gucker: Nein

Re: Magazin-Scans und Interviews
Beitrag
Excellent pics! Thank you so much mj1985!
Here translated from French into English :D
mj1985
House
House
Shipper: Huddy, Hilson, Hacy
Lieblingsepisode/n: 5x24, 6x01, 6x22, 7x03
Fox-Gucker: Ja

Beitrag
Let's paste it here:
Here we go. It is a translation from French with a French mind, so I apologize in advances for any french words that could slip away.

The cover says : Doctor House, an unwilling doctor, private consultation with Hugh Laurie (the golden sticker says it is a mondial exclusivity!). Interestingly, the whole issue theme is « The art of being grumpy », with an emphasisis on « sex : be despicable, girls find it heavenly ».

Inside : First double page picture : Head title : Hugh Laurie : « I'm sceptical about happiness ».Anyone who once watched one House episode (that makes 20 millions of french people, indeed) wonders if Hugh Laurie is as grumpy in life as his character. The best-paid dramatic actor on screen may argue against it, but he really looks like his character : grumpy, cynical, and lonely.
Exclusive encounter in LA.

He does not give a lot of interviews, but he said yes to french GQ in regard of « being thankful to French for reading and giving overwhelming support to his book. He meets us in a modest dinner that plays old musical success, near the Hollywood freeway. Thumbing his nose at stars's interviews in luxurious Beverly Hills hotels. Misanthropic medical genius in House, Hugh Laurie is the british darling of Hollywood. When he arrives, wearing faded jeans and a lonng sleeved tee-shirt with unbeatable simplicity, you feel like meeting an old friend rather than the best-paid dramatic actor. HL orders a milkshake, that he greedily swallows. Inspired, he sings with Led Zeppelin. « Listening to John Bonham on drums is a good thing. » But as he tries to diminish every moment of visible happiness, that will be the only one, this time. Quotes on money and happiness have been made for him. Shooting the 7th season of House, he looks tortured. He sprawls on the table, says he hates being photographied, due to the cover photoshoot, in which, after three hours, he grabs a Brandy bottle « maybe just to indicate it has been a long day ». Being photographied is like « having a part of one's soul stealed ». Looking at his drink full of whipped cream « so not french », he says that he chose the wrong occupation, without any doubt. Celebrity makes him nervous. On his Triumph motorbike, he'd rather ignore a red light than be photographied by bystanders. One hour later, he gices his voice in an animated film (Arthur Christmas). Without a big enthousiasm. « Pression », he says. So, we are facing a disillusioned fifty years old man with an acute sense of humor, as his previous 80's BBC carrier with his Cambridge friend Stephen Fry has showed. He is unusual in Hollywood. Having suffered from numerous bouts of depression, he will never be seen saying how happy he is to be awarded, despite two prevo-ious Golden Globes. Ironically, he says, « I am speechless. Litterally, I have nothing to say. » Must be related to his childhood in Oxford in a Presbyterian Scottish famiy. He was born in 1959 from a doctor and a mother « who raised for children. », an undefectible couple. He has inherited this tradition : there's nothing to say (even in british tabloids) on his sentimental life. He has been married for 20 years with a remarquable stability. He went to Hollywood late in his life. He studied anthropology in Cambridge, where he joined the theatre club, then was an actor in England. Finally, his talent and his ability to switch from british to american accent brought him here. But he is a bit tired. (I can't read afterwards, the page is folded).
Q : House is the turning point in your career. Why did you want this part?
HL : When I passed the audition, I thought it would last for two weeks. I never thought we could still be here seven years later. But on the other hand, it was a good screenplay with a complex character. I liked all the serie's universe : smart, funny, expressing different tones. Witty, dramatic, original, sometimes clownish. I found it original and I understood the character.
Q : Will there be others seasons?
HL : Hard to tell. Maybe. Or not.
Q : Do you want to go on with it?
HL : I don't know. I have been doing it for so long, it's crazy.
Q : Tired with the character?
HL : On some days I'm tired, but not with the character. It also depends from writers, producers. I can't foresee for more than 10 minuts.
Q : Will mysterious « 13 » come back?
HL : Yes, during season 7. I can't tell you how, but it is unusual.
Q : How did you do the american accent?
HL : Frankly, there is no technic. It is work. There are words I can't say, like murder, or girlfriend. Too many « r ». I tried a coach for 20 minuts! It was really unnecessary. I should not say that. I will piss off people in Hollywood. Seriously, I am not convinced by this method. I never had any actor ' training. Sometimes, I feel guilty ; sometimes, I feel frrail and I would like to have learned. But I am not sure you can teach artists how to express themselves.
Q : Is there a part of your personality in House?
HL : There are parts of me, but House resembles his creator, David Shore, much more : cynicism, rationality (page folded here, too).
Q : Is the serie's success reflecting some grumpiness fashion?
HL : Indeed, Friends and other series were different. House is not responsible for this fashion, but others wanted to copy it.
Q : Why does the public love this nasty anti heros?
HL : We don't like pure nastiness; We have to find wit and charm in it. Bad boys without any charm are not appealing. House, on the contrary, is mischievous, honest, at last part time, et really good in his job. He saves life, he is brilliant...
Q : What are the character's references : a mix of Sherlock Holmes, Bukowski, and Lacan?
HL : Sherlock Holmes is obvious on behal of David Shore. But now the serie is being written by a dozen of people, which makes references more numerous. I, personally, don't write.
Q : Is it a coincidence that you and Sherlock Holmes are both of Scottish origin?
HL : The most striking is that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle did study medicine. He used his professor, Dr Joseph Bel, as an inspiration for his detective. So House is the end of this circle. He has this desire for solving enigmas. It could be crosswords, or sudoku. The problem is everything. Human lifes in this problem ara secondary, which makes him sound harsh.
Q : Is it applicable in society?
HL : No, you need a certain amount of hypocrisy. Like lubricant in motors. Being poilte is a form of hypocrisy, but it makes sense. It shows respect.
Q : So, you are not as terrible as Doctor House?
HL : No, I can be his contrary.
Q : Are you fascinated by science and medicine?
HL : Yes, my father was a doctor, and I thought about becoming one too. I have been playing House long enough to be qualified for it. Seven years is a medicine diploma. What fascinates me is applying Science to humans. People are exciting. Being a doctor is a human and scientific job at the same time.
Q : Is this why you studied anthropology?
HL : Uhh...No. In fact, I want to university to keep rowing.
Q : You play music, you practice rowing, boxing, biking... Which one is your true love?
HL : Music. I am too old for sports now. I just finished an album, this is my real love. I started on curiosity when I was a child, I learned playing instruments (piano, guitar, drums) beacause I understood the sounds I was hearing.
Q : Which musicians inspire you?
HL : I could tell you hundreds of names! I don't have a top five. Lots of blues, soul, jazz. What I recorded are popular blues songs. Being in a studio with musicians is an overwhelming experience.
I don't want to diss my actor career, but I hate being photographied, posing. I hate being photographied in the streets.
Q : Why did you take a part on Fox if you did not want to be recognised?
HL : When I started acting, there were no digital camras, no cell phones everywhere...It is a recent phenomenon. It changes the whole « private life » idea. You get used to be filmed all the time. You find normal that people think they deserve to keep an eye on everything. I hate that.
Q : What do you think of Twitter and Facebook, do you have an account?
HL : I don't, but my children do. I find odd that people say publicly that they are happy or not. Before Internet, you could not do that. You had to stay in the middle of the pub and yell « I am happy ! » Nobody does that. And are they really happy?
Q : You are sceptical about happy people?
HL : Not people, happiness. I have never known what it is, and I don't know if it is a goal in life.
Q : Being an actor in a really successfull serie does not make you happy?
HL : That is a loaded question. If I say no, I look like I am ungrateful. People will say that I am lucky and complaining, and I understand their point of view.
Q : About living in LA?
HL : I don't see. I don't ususally sit in a restaurant at 3 in the afternoon. Everyday I am at work, all day. LA is my workplace. I wake up at five, go to the studio with my bike, stay there for 14 hours and go to bed.
Q : Are you lonely in LA?
HL : Yes, a lot. I would feel lonely everywhere, but LA is made for this. It is easy to be lonely, do anything without seeing anyone. And my family is everywhere else : two children in university, one in high school, my wife going from right to left.
Q : You are the best-paid actor in a drama serie, is that true?
HL : I don't know, I am lucky to pay my bills, support my family. But I don't do anything different, I don't buy expensive clothes.
Q : What is your look?
HL : God, I am not the right person for this! I wear jeans and motorcycle boots. I don't have any style. I wear sneakers in the show because I thought it was a good idea, a man with sneakers , though he is walking with a cane and can't walk.
Q : Do you think you look like Clint Eastwood?
HL : From far away...When we choose someone to be House's father, I asked them to call him. He said « Thanks, but I have a film starting on. » I thought it would be cool, I am a huge fan. He has got dignity, physically, some strenght melted with delicacy.
Q : And what will you do after House?
HL : Music would be ideal. Even if the world does not need more. Neither more jeans or Woody Allen films. To read every novel and listen to every music, already, I would have to be alive in 10 000 years. From a medical point of view, my chances are slim!

And this is the end of the interview. The two last pages are focusing on the serie for people who barely know it, and discuss the grumpiness. Nothing really interesting, except for the fact that we French will have to wait until 2011 to see the beginnig of season 6 on french TV!!
THX to vicpei of HOW
mj1985
House
House

Beitrag
Bild

Scan-Credit: ncismelanie_
LisaH
House
House
Shipper: Huddy, Hacy
Lieblingsepisode/n: 1x21, 5x04, 5x23, 6x22, 7x02

Beitrag
Puh, der übersetzte Teil des Interviews mit GQ stimmt mich ziemlich traurig. Es klingt danach, als ob es Hugh nicht gut geht. :cry:

Mittlerweile habe ich einige Erfahrung im Umgang mit depressiven Menschen und die Aussagen von Hugh passen leider genau in dieses Schema. Wenn er inzwischen sogar in einem Interview zugibt, allein und traurig zu sein, nur noch zu arbeiten....seeeehr destruktiv. Wirkliche Freude scheint er momentan auch nicht mehr an House zu haben. Die Antwort auf die Frage, ob es weitere Staffeln gibt "hard to tell. maybe. or not", ist kein klares Bekenntnis und klingt für mich somit eher nach "nein". Wirkliche Freude scheint er gerade nur in der Musik zu finden. Ich hoffe ich irre mich, und er ist nicht wieder in einer akuten Depression. :cry:
Zuletzt geändert von LisaH am Do 16. Dez 2010, 22:49, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
hypochondra
House
House

Beitrag
Ich würde in diese gedruckten Interviews nicht zu viel hineininterpretieren. Momentan scheint im Blätterwald ohnehin die "Hugh ist depri"-Stimmung vorzuherrschen. Bei Fernsehinterviews kommt er nie so rüber, da sieht er höchstens müde aus, was ja kein Wunder ist. Aber dafür kann man ihm nicht das Wort im Mund herumdrehen und sein Humor=Sarkassmus kommt für Empfängliche rüber.
Es WÄRE für mich auch gut nachvollziehbar, dass er nach diesem Jahr keine Lust mehr auf House hat. Nicht nur, dass eventuell seine Musikkarriere endlich in Fahrt kommen könnte - was aus dem Album wird, kann man ja noch nicht sagen, - House hat die besten Zeiten (Drehbücher) längst hinter sich. Wozu soll er sich 14 Stunden am Tag, 10 Monate im Jahr abrackern, nur um seine Reputation zu ruinieren? Unser Goldjunge ist ja nicht blöd. AUSSERDEM: wer von Mitte November bis 10. Jänner NICHT depri ist, muss von einem anderen Stern sein ;)
Zuletzt geändert von hypochondra am Fr 17. Dez 2010, 10:57, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
mj1985
House
House

Beitrag
Ich finde deine Argumentation interessant, einerseits sagst du das man nicht soviel in Interviews (gedruckt) reininterpretieren soll und bist dann der Meinung das Hugh bzw. House schlechte Drehbücher hat. (Was rein subjekt betrachtet ist, denn sonst wäre JETZT schon bekannt geworden das es KEINE 8. Staffel mehr gibt. Denn da bringe ich das Argument das Hugh nicht wegen des Geldes noch eine 8. Staffel drehen müsste, sondern es nur machen würde wenn er von der Show auch überzeugt ist.)

Wenn an dem Argument auch nur ein bisschen Wahrheit wäre, dann würde Hugh nicht aktuell die siebte Staffel drehen und er immer noch sehr von dem Produkt überzeugt sein.
Und das Hughs Musikkarriere in Fahrt kommen wird, wage ich zu bezweifeln. Für viele ist er nur (oder immer noch) Dr. House, die wissen oft nicht mal seinen Namen, sondern bringen diesen nur anhand der Serie in Verbindung. (Man darf hier nicht von den Hardcorefans wie uns ausgehen)
hypochondra
House
House

Beitrag
Danke für deine Sicht der Dinge!
Ich hatte nie das Gefühl, dass Hugh von der 7. Staffel jemals sonderlich überzeugt war. Dass er es längst nicht mehr wegen des Geldes macht ist mir auch klar. Eher denkt er an die anderen und will nicht der Spielverderber sein und hofft, dass sich das Ganze von selbst bald erledigt.
Mit "Musikkarriere in Fahrt" denke ich an Musiker im Blues/Jazz - Bereich, die in den allerseltensten Fällen in den Charts landen, aber doch von ihrer Kunst leben können. Woody Allen tourt auch mit seiner Jazz-Band, wenn ihm die Filmerei auf den Zeiger geht. :)
Ob Hugh nach 7 Staffeln House jemals wieder arbeiten muss, um Rechnungen zu bezahlen, ist ja wohl zu bezweifeln, bei seinem Lebensstil. Ist ja nicht so doof wie Nick Cage.
mj1985
House
House

Beitrag
Wieviele Radio- und TV-Interviews hast du denn schon mit Hugh gesehen/gehört in denen er DAS durchklingen lässt ("Ich hatte nie das Gefühl, dass Hugh von der 7. Staffel jemals sonderlich überzeugt war"? Mir fällt auf anhieb keins ein, aber vielleicht ja dir?
hypochondra
House
House

Beitrag
Eigentlich bei allen seit dem Sommer, die ich gesehen habe (Tonight, Ellen, Tavis), aber vielleicht ist das ja nur mein Eindruck, der sich dann nach dem 'Genuss' der ersten Folgen der 7. Staffel bei mir verstärkt hat. Wissen können wir es alle nicht. Wir werden sehen. Oder eben nicht sehen.
mj1985
House
House

Beitrag
Ich weiß ja nicht welche Sendungen du gesehen hast, aber er hatte sich in allen genannten Sendungen positiv gegenüber der Serie geäußert und da du auch weiterhin keine genauen Angaben machen kannst, finde ich deine Aussage etwas sehr weit hergeholt.
Denn ich glaube kaum das Hugh sich aufgrund seiner Kollegen noch ein weiteres Jahr Stress (mit der Arbeit und vor allem der Familie) antun würde, wenn er die Scripte für schlecht hält.
Ob ich die Scripte zu Staffel 7 gut oder schlecht finde ist dabei eine ganz andere Sache, trotzdem sollte ich dieses dann nicht so sehr auf ihn reflektieren, denn objektiv betrachtet kam bei ihm der Anschein das er keine Lust mehr auf House hätte.
Dazu lobt er die Mitarbeiter am Set zu oft und reißt sich zu oft für die Serie den Arsch auf (Image-Kampagne, Regisseur, Vorwort fürs Buch, etc.)

Wenn ich keine Lust auf etwas im Job habe, dann mache ich nur den Dienst nach Vorschrift (wie im wirklichen Leben)
LisaH
House
House
Shipper: Huddy, Hacy
Lieblingsepisode/n: 1x21, 5x04, 5x23, 6x22, 7x02

Beitrag
mj1985 hat geschrieben:
Denn ich glaube kaum das Hugh sich aufgrund seiner Kollegen noch ein weiteres Jahr Stress (mit der Arbeit und vor allem der Familie) antun würde, wenn er die Scripte für schlecht hält.
...... das er keine Lust mehr auf House hätte. Dazu lobt er die Mitarbeiter am Set zu oft und reißt sich zu oft für die Serie den Arsch auf (Image-Kampagne, Regisseur, Vorwort fürs Buch, etc.)
Doch mj, leider ist das oft typisch in einer Depression. Es ist das krampfhafte Festhalten an dem alten, bewährten, vertrauten… Mustern/Gewohnheiten und Aufgaben. Genau so typisch ist das "sich für andere den Arsch aufreissen" und sich selbst dabei völlig zu vergessen (und damit meine ich sein immenses Arbeitspensum).
mj1985 hat geschrieben:
Wenn ich keine Lust auf etwas im Job habe, dann mache ich nur den Dienst nach Vorschrift (wie im wirklichen Leben)
Das ist bei dir so und es ist auch gut so. Bei depressiven Menschen ist das eben leider nicht. Dies sind oft perfektionistische Menschen, die sich in dann um so mehr in die Arbeit stürzen um nicht zu „versagen“.
Zuletzt geändert von LisaH am Fr 17. Dez 2010, 21:28, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
mj1985
House
House

Beitrag
Findest du es nicht etwas übertrieben aus Zeitschrifteninterviews, die wie wir wissen immer bunt aus allen Dekaden zusammengeschnitten sind, daraus zu schließen das er depressiv sein könnte?

Ich erinner gerne nochmal an das Fry und Laurie Special ... den Satz von Stephen, auch wenn es nicht so aussieht, es ist alles ok. Und wenn es einer sagen kann, dann Stephen, als langjähriger "Partner" und jemand der es selbst mitgemacht hat.

Das wäre genauso aus Paparazzibildern zu schließen das er Eheprobleme hat ... :confuse: