Antworten
3 Beiträge • Seite 1 von 1
Torgie
House
House
Lieblingscharakter: House
Shipper: Huddy, Hilson, Hall-y
Lieblingsepisode/n: ALLE/House rockt einfach!!!
Fox-Gucker: Ja

Hugh Laurie Biography
Beitrag
Hugh Laurie Biography
Bild
Autor: Antony Bunko

Kurzbeschreibung:
From Blackadder to A Bit of Fry and Laurie, Jeeves and Wooster to House, Hugh Laurie has entertained millions in a career spanning three decades. Hugh was born in Oxford, and his father, WGRM 'Ran' Laurie, was a doctor who won a gold medal in the coxless pairs at the 1948 Olympics. Hugh followed in his father;s footsteps as a rower at Cambridge, but when he was forced to hang up his oars through illness, he joined the famous Cambridge Footlights and there began a career in comedy, It was at university that he met Stephen fry, and the pair forged a hilarious partnership that continued through the 1980s and 1990s, as they appeared together in the Blackadder series, sketch show A Bit of Fry and Laurie and PG Wodehouse's Jeeves and Wooster. Hugh has also enjoyed great success on the big screen, starring in Sense and Sensibility, 101 Dalmatians, Monsters vs Aliens and the three Stuart Little films. But it is the character of irascible doctor Gregory House, in the US TV drama House, that has brought Hugh Laurie global fame. He has won two Golden Globes for the role and received a prestigious Emmy nomination in 2005, and continues to receive critical acclaim for his performances in the show - especially for his near-perfect American accent.

Ich habe da mal so reingelesen und natürlich die Seite aufgeschlagen die mich glatt zum heulen gebracht hat.
I knew he was unwell and before i went i made a deliberate decision not to resolve things, not to have that final conversation. I didn't say goodbye and have the big talk. Because, he says, i didn't want to give him my permission to leave I wanted him to leave unfinished business, as if resolving things would somehow be unlucky. I guess i was scared to let him clear the on-tray. I regret that now, but probably i would do the same again.
by Hugh Laurie

Für mich hat sich der Kauf wirklich gelohnt, auch wenn ich erst ein Kapitel gelesen habe.
Ich werde dieses Buch bestimmt verschlingen, aber jetzt wird erst einmal House Medical Guide zuenede gelesen.

Was sagt ihr zu der Biography?
Zuletzt geändert von Torgie am Mi 17. Nov 2010, 22:26, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Bild
movaka
Kutner
Kutner

Re: Hugh Laurie Biography
Beitrag
Nettes Cover (wen wunderts, bei dem Motiv). Aber ich werde das Geld lieber für The Fry Chronicles anlegen, da sind die Chancen, was wirklich Neues zu erfahren, deutlich größer.
Ja, die Passage, die Du zitierst, ist traurig, aber eben doch etwas, was ich schon anderorts in exakt demselben Wortlaut gelesen habe - und nach allem, was man so hört und liest, gilt das für das gesamte Buch. Ist aber sicherlich ne nette Sache, mal alles zusammen an einem Ort zu haben (und fiele mir das Buch einfach so in die Hände, würde ich es bestimmt verschlingen - insofern bin ich mir sicher, dass ich Dir mit meinen Ausführungen den Spaß daran gar nicht verderben kann ;) )
Zuletzt geändert von movaka am Mi 17. Nov 2010, 22:26, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
mj1985
House
House
Lieblingscharakter: House
Shipper: Huddy, Hilson, Hacy
Lieblingsepisode/n: 5x24, 6x01, 6x22, 7x03

Re: Hugh Laurie Biography
Beitrag
Ich kann movaka da nur zustimmen, ein Werk was wohl sämtliche Internet"funde" in sich vereint, ganz nett aber hat man überall schon mal irgendwo gelesen.

Auch ich werde "The Fry Chronicles" vorziehen, warum? Dort weiß man aus erster Hand das es wahr ist und man kann sicher noch einige neue Sache erfahren.
Zuletzt geändert von mj1985 am Mi 17. Nov 2010, 22:26, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.