House
Lieblingscharakter: House
Shipper: Huddy, Hilson, Hacy
Lieblingsepisode/n: 5x24, 6x01, 6x22, 7x03
Fox-Gucker: Ja

Re: Hop - April 2011
Beitrag
Hop Interviews - Hugh Laurie and Writer Brian Lynch
Hugh Laurie provides the voice of the Easter Bunny's dad in 'Hop' from Universal Pictures. On the green carpet, Laurie talked about playing a bunny and not getting to work with Russell Brand. And screenwriter Brian Lynch discussed the comedy.
Transcript: Hop Interviews - Hugh Laurie and Writer Brian Lynch
Rebecca Murray from About.com Hollywood Movies at the World Premiere of Universal Pictures' Hop.

Hugh Laurie - 'E.B.'s Dad' in Hop

You get to voice a bunny. Are you watching this bunny as you're voicing him?

Hugh Laurie: "No, I get to see little sort of pencil sketches of how I might look, and then I think they adjust the pencil sketches depending on how floppy my ears are on that day. 'You know, I think we can go with bigger ears. I think we can do that. I think he can take it.' So they gradually, they adjust to me and I adjust to them, and hopefully we meet in the middle."

And you never got to work in a booth with Russell Brand?

Hugh Laurie: "No, they don't do that."

That's too bad.

Hugh Laurie: "It is too bad. It's a divide and rule thing. I don't know why they do that. I think maybe it's to stop us from plotting, conspiring together. "

Taking over the film...

Hugh Laurie: "Exactly. I don't know quite why that is. It's a shame, but that's the way they do animated movies. I don't understand it myself."

The writer was telling me that you guys got to play around a lot. Did you change up the words?

Hugh Laurie: "Little bits here and there. I offer what I can. We sort of do what's written and then we start sort of adding bits and changing bits, which is always fun. And I think an audience has a very keen ear nowadays for what is genuinely spontaneous and what's prepared. I think people can tell instantly when something is just a moment that just explodes - when it's just a real moment that just explodes. I think people have a real keen ear for that now."

Why is it that we haven't seen that many Easter movies?

Hugh Laurie: "I can't explain that."

Because bunnies are so cute.

Hugh Laurie: "They are very cute. Don't know why that is. It seems to have been an unexplored niche, which we're now filling."

There will be a Hop 2.

Hugh Laurie: "There will be a Hop 2, yes, and now there will be a whole platoon of Easter Bunny movies. But we're the first, let that be said."

Hop Screenwriter Brian Lynch

So talk about working on this with the two other writers.
Brian Lynch: "Sure. It was great. Cinco [Paul] and Ken [Daurio] wrote the original story and wrote the first couple of drafts and really got the strongest story possible for it. And then they just kind of hired me to come in and amp up the comedy into set pieces. And, you know, it changed as it went on because I got to be on set and we had to roll with whatever changes that were needed. But, it was great. I mean, I had the guys writing Despicable Me helping me out. You can't do better than that. It's amazing."

How much did you end up changing it around, particularly when you have someone like Russell Brand doing a voice?

Brian Lynch: "Oh, that was the best part. Once Russell was locked, I could basically write, 'E.B. says something funny,' and then he's going to give us 30 different versions and we'll take the cleanest one and we'll put it in the movie. But, it was amazing, amazing stuff. I got to write stuff that is in the movie exactly as I wrote it, and it sounds like a Russell ad-lib, and that's a huge honor. But, it was great. When you have this many funny people doing your lines, you can sleepwalk. But I didn't! I swear, I'm very good. It's all... No, it's not all me. That would have been horrible to say. I'm very lucky to be a part of it."

You also have Puss in Boots coming up, right?

Brian Lynch: "That's right, I hope. I wrote the first couple of drafts and it's been a while and animation takes forever, so when I watch it I'll be like, 'Oh, that's completely different.' But as of now IMDB says I'm the writer, and that's great. I use that to get into parties, you know it about me, so it's perfect."

Is it just for kids?

Brian Lynch: "Kids will love it, the pooping jelly beans but adults..."

...will also like pooping jelly beans.

Brian Lynch: "I love it. Animals aside, anyone who poops jelly beans - it's magical. But it was actually taken out of a lot of famous movies. I don't know if you're aware of this.

The pooping jelly beans?

Brian Lynch: "Yeah. It was originally in The Social Network. Jesse Eisenberg's character did that and we ripped it off when they took it out. You didn't know that?"

I didn't know that.

Brian Lynch: "So, yeah, tons of adult humor too. Not adult in the sense of Hangover-type movies, but it's really fun for everyone, I think. I hope."

Quelle: http://video.about.com/movies/Hugh-Laur ... erview.htm
coastspy
Cameron
Cameron
Lieblingscharakter: Dr. Gregory House
Shipper: Huddy

Beitrag
...depending on how floppy my ears are...

Das ist so typisch Hugh! :D 8o :ohnmacht:
Bild
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF!!!
Tritziii
House
House
Lieblingscharakter: Greg 8o
Shipper: Hall-y
Lieblingsepisode/n: 1x11, 1x21, 3x1, 3x4

Beitrag
Release Date: 4 August 2011
Release Date: 5 September 2011
Bild
OMfG He really touched my finger and asked me a question :ohnmacht: :yeah:
Oh my... I REALLY was able to snatch HIS beer glass. The one, of which he drank.